People Join Companies But Leave People

Why is it that who you work for and how they treat you can impact you so massively?

I've had a number of managers over my 16 years experience of full time work. I know, I don't look old enough surely!!! I've had some managers that haven't been the best, but I'm fortunate enough to have had a handful that have been great. What I do know when I reflect, is that I have been happiest at work during the times I've worked for the great managers.

So what is it that makes a person great to work for? I know everyone is different and we are all motivated in different ways, but these are some of the things that are key to me;
They believe in you
They give you direction
They coach you when things could have gone better
But also say well done when things go well
They are someone you look up to and admire
They help you recognise, and bring out your strengths

I try really hard to make sure I'm the best manager I can be, I want to motivate people and have people come to work because they want to, not because they have to.

As a manager you can be the difference between someone loving their job and not.

If you manage people, you have a huge impact on their lives, so think about what impact and impression you want to leave on them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Objective, Strategy, Tactics

10 ways to ensure you don’t burn out and how to appear to ‘have it all’!

My Top 2 Interview Tips