How to write your Brand Statement




Have you thought about your brand and what your brand statement is? 

I've got 5 simple steps to help you write your brand statement in just a few minutes.

Let's start by thinking… What is a brand? 

·       A brand is what people say about you after you've left the room.

·       It's how people describe you.

·       Your words, actions, decisions and body language all impact your brand.

But remember, it's not just about reality… how people perceive you could be different to reality - but it has a massive impact on your brand.

So grab a pen and paper and write down what comes to mind when I ask you the following 5 questions:

1.      When people think of you what words do you think come to mind?

2.       How would you like people to describe you?

o   It could be innovative, respectful, caring, inspiring, fun, genuine, energetic, takes action or any number of words.

3.       Next write down 10 words that are really important to you about your brand?

4.       Now underline the 5 that resonate most with you

5.       And lastly incorporate all those words into a sentence

Let me share my 10 words with you:

Trustworthy, helpful, coach, inclusive, engaged, engaging, happy, genuine, smart, positive

And when I incorporated those 5 words into a sentence my brand statement is: 

I am an engaging leader and coach who is trustworthy and genuine making a positive impact on our business.

It took me a few goes at writing the sentence and the more the 5 words really resonate with you the easier it will be.

I loved this exercise so thanks to Ruth O'Neill for sharing.

Feel free to share your brand statement in the comments.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Objective, Strategy, Tactics

10 ways to ensure you don’t burn out and how to appear to ‘have it all’!

My Top 2 Interview Tips