Woo Woo

It's been years since I drank a Woo Woo but I have to say it's an old favourite of mine! It's a cocktail made simply of vodka, peach schnapps and cranberry juice (I personally recommend adding a squeeze of fresh lime too).

I think it's a pretty well known cocktail in the UK, however my US colleagues gave me some pretty strange looks when I started talking about woo woos recently so perhaps it's not a universal cocktail (or maybe they just think I'm just a strange (but brilliant) brit!!)- but I'd recommend you try it wherever you live!....

This week I did a 'Strenghts Finder' exercise and one of my own personal strenghts is 'Woo'.... The definition being 'loves the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. Derives satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with someone.'

And it's true - I love networking, meeting new people, building relationships and 'winning people over'.

So for anyone that isn't a natural woo, here are my top tips to woo when networking:

  • Smile!
  • Don't worry about what you're going to say but focus more on what you can learn
  • Pre plan some questions you can ask people
  • Try and find common interests / goals with people
  • Plan your intro (and practice saying it out loud if you're anxious about it)
  • Don't be afraid to have an opinion
  • Know that you're about to either meet someone who's feeling just like you (so you're not alone) or someone who is a natural woo (in which case they'll be more than happy to drive the conversation!)
  • Some people say - picture people naked so that you feel more at ease (not sure I actually recommend this one though!!)

And if all else fails, just order a woo woo, sit back and relax!



Comments

  1. It was truly decent to peruse article composed on this blog. I might likewise want to include couple of strategies with best of my insight which can help peruser to an ever increasing extent. CSIR Net June 2019 study material

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Objective, Strategy, Tactics

10 ways to ensure you don’t burn out and how to appear to ‘have it all’!

My Top 2 Interview Tips