#NoJudging

I have a moto in life with my friends which is #nojudging and I absolutely love it and mean it!!

I work full time, have 2 cheeky girls and a husband to look after!! I have got a good job, do a volunteer role plus I write the odd blog when I can! So sometimes people say to me 'how do you do it all?'… Of course it's always quite nice to hear that (I am human after all) but I'm also really conscious that I don't want to put an image out there that other people judge themselves against, there is enough pressure out there without me adding to it!

I was recently talking to someone who's been offered a new job and they started doubting themself… 'Would they actually be able to do the job?', 'Should they be working full time when they have a young child?', 'What if it wasn't the right role for them?'… when I told them that I've had, and have similar feelings I was shocked to see that they were actually surprised to hear me say that, assuming that I'm always really sure of myself and confident in all of the choices I make.

Which got me thinking.... wouldn't it be great if we were all more honest about how we're feeling… and didn't judge each other because of it! It's so easy to just put across our 'social media image' but that doesn't mean it's real.

3 years ago I got asked on the school playground (doing one of my 'once in a blue moon' pick ups) 'Will your work not let you go part time?' and I automatically answered 'No, my work wouldn't allow it' but the reality was that I had made a choice to work full time, I didn't want to work part time but I was also worried that they'd judge me for it! So I decided to put out a different image!

The truth is, I want to work full time, I love my kids but I also enjoy working and I want to progress my career but as I talk about in my blog life tastes better with balance. I want to have the right balance for me and my family… I make sure I'm home at 6pm (unless I'm out drinking cocktails of course!) and we make the most of our weekends together as a family, and although I feel like I should feel guilty about the choices I've made, I worry more about how others will judge me rather than about the actual choices I've made.


So my advice to you, make decisions that are right for you and your family. Don't let others make you feel guilty about your choices and know that whatever you're feeling, you're not alone…


Comments

  1. creativity of writer is purely impressive. It has touched to the level of expertise with his writing. Everything is up to the mark. Written perfectly and I can use such information for my coming assignment.reclamebureau amsterdam

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Objective, Strategy, Tactics

10 ways to ensure you don’t burn out and how to appear to ‘have it all’!

My Top 2 Interview Tips